Your kids have an abundance of opportunities to succeed, to participate, and to learn.
- We have the opportunity to talk about God in every lesson.
- Wendy Nelson, MS CCC-SLP, Dyslexia and Language Strategy Specialist, offers free screenings to our students, and meets with students on our campus.
- Amy Riffle-Kouyeas, longtime music educator offers private piano, voice and ukulele lessons on our campus. She also teaches our Preschool through 5th Grade Music Classes.
- Our curriculum features classes that public schools are cutting: Art and Library classes for every grade.
- Every grade level takes field trips that focus on expanding knowledge and making real-world connections to objectives from our curriculum.
- 6th, 7th, and 8th graders each have overnight trips during the school year.
Lutheran Elementary School Tournament (LEST)
The wealth of events available at LEST provide a framework for our extracurricular activities from November to February.
- LEST is a centerpiece of our education plan for Grades 5-8.
- This tournament takes place in Portland, OR every February.
- Our students participate in a wide variety of athletic, academic, technological and fine arts competitions.
Our Spring Musical is a major focus for our 7th and 8th graders in April and May.
- The Musical takes place in our school gym every May.
- We spend weeks rehearsing, preparing sets, practicing songs and dances and perfecting our on-stage personas.
- Recent productions include The Lion King (2016), Into the Woods (2017), and The Wizard of Oz (2018).
Fifth through Eighth Graders are encouraged to try one sport each season. Our coaches ensure playing time for each athlete.
- Fall Sports include Cross-Country, Flag Football, Volleyball and Soccer.
- Winter Sports include 7th and 8th Grade Basketball, Cheer and Dance.
- Spring Sports include 5th and 6th Basketball and Track.