The ZLS Athletic Department offers a variety of sports activities throughout the school year that are available to all ZLS and community homeschool students in grades 5-8. There are no try outs or cuts for any ZLS teams. There are fees associated with participation. Fifth through Eighth Graders are encouraged to try one sport each season. It is possible and sometimes beneficial for students to play more than one sport in one season. Please reach out to the athletic director if your student is having a hard time picking a sport. Our coaches ensure playing time for each athlete.
ZLS is also open to allowing 4th graders to participate in some sports, should a student be interested and space on teams is available, etc.
Any questions regarding participation in sports activities should be directed to ZLS Athletic Director at email@example.com.
The season begins in early September and concludes in late October or early November.
- Co Ed Cross-Country – The Cross Country team attends four meets during the season, one of which is hosted by ZLS. There needs to be a minimum of four runners to form a team.
- Flag Football – The boys participate in the Christian Schools Association League and play approximately 7 games during the season. The game is pass only and designed for 7-on-7 but can be adapted for 5-on-5.
- Girls Volleyball – The girls participate in the Christian Schools Association League and also play non-league games with requesting schools in the area.
- Co Ed Soccer – ZLS participates in both the Christian Schools Association League and the Tri-County League.
- Cheer – Cheer starts in late August and runs through L.E.S.T in February. Practices are usually once a week with occasional Saturday morning practices.
- Dance – Dance starts in late August or early September and runs through L.E.S.T in February. Practices are usually once a week with occasional Saturday practices.
The season begins early November and ends mid-February.
- Basketball – Our goal is to have a 7th/8th grade boys team and a 7th/8th grade girls team. If there are not enough players, we will combine for a Co Ed 7th & 8th grade team.
The season typically starts mid-February and runs through the month of March. This is our shortest season.
- Basketball – Our goal is to have a 5th/6th grade boys team and a 5th/6th grade girls team. If there are not enough players for two teams, we will combine for a Co Ed 5th/6th team.
- Co Ed Track
Zion Lutheran School is always looking for coaches and assistance with the athletics programs. If you or someone you know would be interested, please contact the school or the athletic director. We require all coaches to have a cleared background check and to complete online training on Sexual Abuse/Misconduct and ProActive Coaching Training.
Athletics Forms & Maps
- Concordia Seattle
- Peace Bremerton
- Seattle Lutheran
- Concordia Tacoma
- Salvation Army
- Christian Faith
- Holy Trinity
- Christian Faith at EX3 Center
- Lake Stevens Community Park (our home field)
- Kasch Park
- Quake Field
- Monroe Christian
- Strawberry Field (vs. Grace)